Friday 9 December 2011

The Laptop Fiasco

I was using Brandon's laptop the other day because my computer is really old and I need a new one but have no money... I was using Brandon's laptop.  Before I used it he asked me what I was going to use it for- I explained I wanted to look at some webpages and also update my blog.  And then I commented, "it's not like I'm going to give you a virus or something just hand it over!".

So I begin surfing and got distracted by a website he already had up about some old sanitorium in the US somewhere that had hauntings and ghost stories.  I read through that entire site for nearly an hour, then clicked over to Google and typed "Ontario ghost stories". At which point this error message popped up (something foreign to an Apple user!) that said something about a Google update.  I tell Brandon it's starting some update.  He brushes me off because he's, of course- you guessed it, playing Modern Warfare 3!  The computer restarts itself and I figure it's doing its update and will figure itself out.  Wrong.  It restarts and all these error messages come up- like 20 of them!  And I have no idea what they say.  Then his background is black, and it restarts again.  By this time Brandon's match is over and he looks at it and tells me I've broken his laptop.  I don't even know what I did?!

Anyway, the laptop needs to be fixed.  It appears to have gotten some kind of virus.  Which I HATE that I said, "it's not like I'm going to give you a virus or something just hand it over!" before I used it because I obviously totally jinxed it!  I navigated off one page and onto Google!  So of course for the rest of the night and into the next few days all I've heard is comments about me breaking his laptop.  I disagree with the terminology- I didn't BREAK his laptop and what happened to it sure wasn't on purpose, and I didn't even DO anything I shouldn't have.  But I was using it when it shit the bed...

Jokes Brandon likes to make since he accused me of breaking his laptop:
- when we were pestering each other and he was frustrating me: "do you want to break my nose, like you broke my laptop."
- "How come you can break my laptop but you have trouble braking in the car?"
- while Brandon was peeing with the door open, I was bugging him that I could see his "peepee", his response was "don't break that too!"
- while I was writing a blog post: "oh you have a laptop to use? must be nice no one broke yours"

No comments:

Post a Comment