Sunday 20 November 2011

Who-balation!

I love Christmas!  It's great fun.

Brandon likes Christmas, and I think he sees it more as a cost.

But finally, last week he let me set up our Christmas tree.  Actually, more accurately HE set up the actual tree for me while I was at work in order for me to decorate when I got home.  This is even better, because it means I didn't have to fumble with tubes fitting into other tubes, branches falling down in my face or straightening out branches that have been stored in a box for a year.  This sounds great to me!

So while Brandon watched hockey and played Call of Duty: Modern WarFare 3, I strung lights, intricately placed ribbon (ever so gracefully falling down the tree) and found specific spots for each ornament we had purchased.

Speaking of ornaments- Brandon bought WAY too many!  OK, it was me.  But I'd rather blame it on him.  I spent WAY too much money on ornaments, beyond the ones we made.  But they're so cute and unique.  Almost all were purchased at Canadian Tire too.  Not somewhere I'd ever expect to find a whole assortment of ornaments.

We have what I'd refer to as a WhoVille inspired Christmas tree.   We compromised on white lights (because I wanted white and he wanted colour) and coloured ornaments (because I wanted a theme and he wanted colour).  So I decided that I could still make it a themed colour tree.  Being WhoVille inspired (which if you don't know who or what Whos or WhoVille are please refer to this Wikipedia post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horton_Hears_a_Who!) means ornaments are gem coloured, deep purples, lime green, deep red and turquoise.

Quick side note on the colour turquoise: would the readers agree and confirm that this word is pronounced "TER-Coys" and NOT "Ter-Qwise" as Brandon prefers to pronounce it.  Each and every time I must correct him, never knowing where he came up with this pronunciation anyway.
please note the Toronto Maple Leafs ornaments, and to the right are Brandon's homemade ornaments

The living room (and video games)w/ stockings and tree

The dining room- cinnamon pine cones, Rudolph among other Xmas decorations
 Back to the tree- it's fun, whimsical and definitely WhoVille inspired.  Of course I then went out and bought the live action "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" with Jim Carrey among other Christmas classics, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus is Coming to Town... Brandon chose "Jingle All the Way". Impressive Choice.

As a link back to a previous post (It's All Good in the Hood) I'm posting this fun Busta Rhymes/Jim Carrey compilation: http://youtu.be/s2Q2csuodko

No comments:

Post a Comment